18 de February de 2016 in Blog
Truth be told; not always dealing with people is easy, either by legitimate reasons, either because the individual in that day woke up with his left foot. Making difficult to give support.
Be aware that sooner or later you will find customers who act in a controversial manner.
This kind of profile has the particularity to find weaknesses, get unsatisfied, believing he is always right starting to get aggressive, which even if they are right in their claims does not justify often lack education.
To manage communications in an intelligent and effective way, with this customer profile, agents must take a few actions that will change the final perception of customer/user, making a different mark from the competition.
As we said at the beginning, many times the malaise of the costumer isn’t just about a personal issue but added the problems and failures of service/product. End up being the trigger to discharge the frustrations on the attendant / support.
To avoid failures the agents charged to carry out communication directly, should recognize particular actions to achieve a positive view of customers / users and achieve the expected results at each interaction, obviously with respect. Some tips:
- Be patient. The first reaction is the most important, being a virtue that every agent must demonstrate in each of their interactions, to avoid falling into impulsive responses against negative provocations of customers.
- Escape of discussions. It is always better to listen carefully first and sooner get a personalized service that will resolve the problem that initiated the contact.
- Demonstrate real interest not to fall into trivial answers that generate a malaise much higher. Should never underestimate the value of a positive and attentive listening.
- Apologize if you have made a mistake (error of the organization, technical problem) is the best start to make it clear that we are already working on the problem to solve it.
- Satisfy the customer’s complaints in the most transparent way, accurate and immediate as possible. The speed of response is a treasure for both the customer and the support center itself.
- Identify the reason why their product/service caused disappointment of the customer. It is crucial to determine if the failure comes from the company itself, a contracted service of others, etc. If it does not deal with any of the two cases, but the user’s own guilt, the task of support becomes more complex, but not impossible, having as objective the modification of the vision of the consumer through the provision of feasible solutions and direct the problem in question.
- Avoid defensive and evasive comments. The customer must feel that is speaking with one voice in its favor and not against. The agent should never ignore or criticize the consumer, but should show to be close to him, proving to be a support to find the best solution.
- Keep the customer/user informed about the progress of your request, the actions taken to resolve their problem. But be careful; avoid the abuse of waiting time, because this is one of the most annoying factors for any consumer.
- In all cases take a deep breath. This action relates directly to the emotional level that can reach an agent within seconds of contact with an angry customer, after all remain calm is the key.
- Direct efforts in resolving a problem by time helps to calm the anxiety of the customer and demonstrate a better job by agents. The focus is a variant to leverage the knowledge with that count the support agents, anticipating moreover the consequences that generate each of their actions.
The capacity of a support professional in demonstrates empathy may become his greatest virtue, mainly to increase the quality of their communications.
Demonstrating that you feel so much concern and need to solve the problem as far as the customer does not only allows to break the defensive barrier and aggressive user, as well, to find and offer practical solutions (within its competence and level of course) in complex moments where conflicts seem unavoidable.
19 de January de 2016 in Blog, Career, Help Desk, Satisfaction
If your company has not yet created strategies for customer loyalty, this is the year to create a relationship strategy and loyalty, so this article will show some awesome tactics that will help your company to make 2016 a year of good business.
It is quite true that the loyalty of customers in the current days is far more complex, due to the large number of options and even greater access to information which is not only limited to products and their costs, but also has to do with creativity at the time to offer them.
But although it is a somewhat laborious process, in the end (metaphorically and literally saying) will be worth; check out some of the benefits of loyalty:
- Desertion rate: decreases the number of dropouts, good profitability.
- Priorities: recognizing unprofitable customers and maintain those that generate good result.
- Reducing advertising costs: the available budget for advertising campaigns can be more specific.
- Recommendations: increase of comments between customers.
- Active Listening: Improvement of products and services by listening to opinions of those who know very well your product/service.
Easy to say. So, how to do it?
- Including after-sales services: from product installation, guarantees, repairs, support and maintenance.
- Anticipate movements: active monitoring of customers to predict their demands.
- Alternative Ways: count on a Plan B to act in case the original plan does not work as supposed.
- To Query: contact with your customers a few days after having used the service or purchased a product to ask about their compliance if there were any problems, suggestions for improvement.
- Create Incentives: discounts and promotions for example.
- Close relationship of trust with your customers: by using social networking, website brand, blogs, email marketing (non-invasive), mobile applications. Become present and facilitate contact.
Mention a few. The best option to improve customer service is to build its own strategy, which is a combination of the above tips to achieve customer loyalty.
Optimization of customer support
- Custom Satisfaction: achieving the demands of each customer without losing the quality of service. The argument in every interaction refers to act according to what is heard first.
- Remove prejudices: treat customers with respect and commitment that each requires, without a prior opinion formed with prejudices formed by old interactions, however the customer has expressed distaste for the product or service, comments on social media or experiences from other sectors. Restart your relationship, without judgment and do your best.
- Create a customer’s own space: do not push, do not disturb, give freedom to the customer. The communication reaches levels of satisfaction when there isn’t continuous pressure on the customer.
- Adapt to de demands: adjust its services according to customer needs and style can be a big trend. Change the service style, recognizing that sometimes they ask for more formality and sometimes less formality, but without losing the professionalism and respect
- Take a good first impression: in the customer’s first contact with your company any success that occurs in this first interaction will be decisive to the formation of an image of your company.
- Let your customer know more about your company: the more information about your business, the better. Be transparent and accessible.
- Offer a great experience: with tools like Milldesk (which allow to know the response times, customer feedback and many other very important metrics) have the total control of your service / customer support and give all the mechanisms for its clients solve any incident.
Actions that must be avoided when building an assistance strategy:
- Blame and underestimate the customer: believing that customers are always wrong is a synonym of almost immediate loss.
- Promising benefits without measuring consequences: making promises that cannot accomplish creates a negative perception of your company.
- Not train your team or leave this background activity: trained team, updated with the best practices it is an investment and not cost. In the end you will see that it is worth.
We hope you achieve great results, and always count on Milldesk! 😉
11 de December de 2015 in Help Desk, How to, ITIL, Productivity, Satisfaction, Software
Managing a call center requires skill and a good knowledge of the area metrics. But after all, which even are the key performance indicators (KPIs) that any manager must know, even?
In a quick list, we can say that these are six basic indicators (at the least).
And we’re not talking about complex metrics, but simple actions you can take to make sure you have a real-time view of the success of your team:
Know your customer satisfaction score: For each customer satisfaction score, there is always a key indicator of performance. Create a list of information per company, manager or process to obtain the most accurate picture of your customer satisfaction, noting the areas that are in need of improvement.
Think about your level of service: Next, you need to clearly define your ideal level of service. From this baseline, you can question any shift in customer satisfaction.
Note the problems of yesterday to spot trends: The key performance indicators here are dropout rates, average waiting times and adherence. By looking at your past issues you can see if there are trends in changes in the types of calls you are getting and how its agents are dealing with them.
Using these data can also allow you to make sure that the team is properly closing the incidents. If on the other hand changes occur in the types of the tickets, this data can help you focus on these areas and reprioritize.
Review the session support to better understand your customer’s needs: To analyze the patterns of records issued the day before, you will have to observe the changes in the types of incoming tickets and how well agents are operating these tickets.
To hear the first calls of the day you will have a few tips, say, fresh on customer needs. What are the most common problems and what is the approach of the agents?
Follow the team: Another tip is to track your team this will give you a moral sense of team and the qualitative state support.
Any comments and techniques that make your team the most successful members are the key performance indicators.
Know where your team has quality and where you can improve: Finally, your overall assessment should identify the level at which the team is successful or needs improvement.
In this case, the key performance indicator is a quality score of two parts, divided between the business impact and the impact on the customer.
Like all businesses operate in different ways, it is important that as service manager / help desk you set your KPI according to specific strengths and weaknesses, track your performance and set realistic benchmarks for the future.
To ensure that you understand what these metrics really mean and how they impact your center means that you are on track to achieve this goal.
08 de December de 2015 in Career, How to, Productivity, Satisfaction
The team concept originates from sports, however, the corporate world knew incorporate very well this concept in the mid-twentieth century, when different authors star to recognize the importance of teams in organizations, focusing on companies and particularly in projects.
So, in the current days we hear so much about Team Building, Team Work, and Team Leadership.
Teamwork is not just a sum of individual activities, but there is a collective energy that produces a different effect to the simple addition of tasks.
For those who lead teams and not only wishing to build teams, but mainly learn to obtain the full potential of the synergy between all its members, here are 10 keys that will be fundamental to achieve this purpose.
That isn’t just for Help Desk teams or IT projects, but for any other area where teamwork is vital…
- Formation of teams with a purpose and a task. For a team to be made there must be a purpose, a task. The common goal is the league. Sense of purpose is all!
- Scope of the purposes in a specified period. Teams have a specific time to do their work. And these time limits may be set by a higher level of organization, the team itself, by the driver or by a process of negotiation between the many stakeholders in the organization.
- Individual specialization and specialization of the team. While members have knowledge and skills in one or more specific subjects, they should also be prepared to exchange functions.
- The selection of team members. Organizations select their members focused on individual skills psychological conditions, etc.
- Evaluation by process. Evaluation by results. Some teams are measured only by results. Other also measure the shape and case in which the task was accomplished
- Team style. Each team has a style that characterizes and is formed by internal agreements, for resources, for personal style, knowledge and previous experience of the members and the team leader, for his stories, etc.
- Quality standards. Teams are required to meet quality standards. For example: an orchestra can’t tune.
- Reliability. It develops over time. In ephemeral teams confidence is often implicit in the professionalism of its members.
- The oath of the team. The agreements score the team’s limits, generate cohesion.
- Ethics, motivation and training. The satisfaction of certain ethical principles – of which the continuous training and competition are not excluded- is a motivator for team members.
And to you which factors unite and improve the performance of a team? Share with us!
03 de December de 2015 in Blog, Productivity
No company ca survive over the long term if doesn’t provide technical support first class. In fact customers and users increasingly expect a service available 24 hours per day.
A more economical alternative than ever have operators available at the help desk is the creation of a knowledge base. An efficient knowledge base allows you to offer your customers or users what they want most, solutions to problems that may arise.
Here are four simple tricks that will help you create a knowledge base that is truly useful and easy to use.
Either too large or too small.
One of the keys to creating a useful knowledge base is to provide the right amount of information. If it contains too much information, that is, the solution to all the problems that may arise, users will feel overwhelmed with all the choices and should get lost among many items and possibilities.
If, however, the knowledge base is very short, for example, only the five most common questions are answered, many users are frustrated by the fact that they do not find the solution to their problem.
The rule of thumb is that the knowledge base includes answers to the 20 most common problems you get in your help desk and in most cases, should not exceed 50.
Have the information to be easy to find.
If your knowledge base has the proper information, but it’s hard to find, then this information will be useless. So that your customers can find solutions to problems is a matter of drawing a fitting and appropriate terminology.
Your customers do not want to read a long list of titles that are not relevant to your problem and that take time and attention. Ideally, articles and resolutions should be presented in hierarchical groups, ranging from general classifications, to more specific topics. A hierarchical classification is especially important when you have an extensive knowledge base.
The documentation should be clear and complete.
There is nothing more frustrating for a customer that after spending several minutes trying to find a solution to a problem, this solution turns out to be much too generic or specific to it. The steps that are included in the knowledge base must be explicit and written for non-technical people. Should not be assumed any prior knowledge, even popular, start at the beginning and list every step of the process to be followed to solve that problem.
Besides, the resolutions and the following steps should be tested and must be proved that actually work or users show their dissatisfaction you have made them waste time.
Contact with the second-level support.
A good knowledge base should allow customers to solve problems that may arise, period. However, even the best knowledge base cannot solve every problem for every customer.
It is good practice, add phones and links that direct customers to the second-level support (eg, email, chat or online support) if you cannot resolve the issue. You can also allow guests to leave their ideas linked recommending or suggesting new solutions to the problems they had.
Try now: http://www.milldesk.com/trial/
24 de November de 2015 in Blog
Currently unprecedented volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity are the words that well define very well the IT industry.
But there is no need to fear the future of IT, since we begin to prepare for the changes as soon as possible. For this there are 4 essential steps scrutinized in the Computerworld article by Julia King (click here) and we share with you.
When exposed to a difficult situation, be ready to face it! Put in action the 5-year plan.
With the fast paced environment of today it is hard to know what will be part of the IT world six months from now, let alone in the next 5 or 10 years.
Search new opportunities
The companies that will thrive in the coming years are those that are not frustrated by the change, but recepcionam the same positively.
Enjoy the challenges and opportunities they present. The key word is daring.
Be a chameleon (adaptation).
If you can not control so do not try to manage. Focus on finding what you can control and do your best in it.
As the eyes of a chameleon can view in two different directions at once, just as your vision must be focused on the next revolution. Be tuned!
Pay attention (to your potential, that’s all).
While the change may seem risky, there are many rewards to be prepared for the future.
Take good care of your change management that surely will know the market respond in kind.
10 de November de 2015 in Blog, Satisfaction
Your best customer is the one who is always their weak points and its flaws and still trust you to solve his problems.
The importance of this kind of feedback is bigger than satisfaction survey that generally provides valuable information, but not the ones you need – the least satisfied and more disappointed. These people won’t have time to fill out a form or sit still for a survey to help you fix your business. They changed.
In order to find out where they moved, and so it is probably that you have to recall some data about yourself. Start with these steps:
Identify: Found your most disenchanted customers is usually not that difficult, just ask your support team. They know who they are and can even describe them (off the record) as “distressed” or “crazy”.
Contact: To get in touch with them remember that these angry customers did not start that way. In the past each one decided in a positive way to buy your product or service, they believed in your company and in the offer. Only later they found out a problem.
Act: Fail with your customer almost always falls into one of three categories: The product was actually defective, the documentation was wrong, or the customer’s expectations have not been properly managed.
Most of the service departments really only know how to deal with the first two. Unfortunately, if the customer with whom you fail probably be in the third category what you can do is identify where its marketing or sales presentation is failing, your client may be among the closest that may help you fix problems and avoid similar situations in the future.
05 de November de 2015 in Blog
1) The computer starts normally, but nothing appears on the screen.
2) The computer doesn’t seems to work, neither the monitor or the CPU.
3) When connected to the screen appears unreadable.
4) Error messages when starting.
5) The Apps don’t install, do not run or freezes your computer when they are accessed.
6) Printers, monitors, scanners, graphic cards, sound cards or additional are not working properly.
7) The computer freeze suddenly.
8) Equipment are not being recognized by your computer, before, during or after installation.
9 ) Error of password
10) Doesn’t connect on the internet.
How the tools of service desk can help you?
1) Centralized help desk console: Allows you to easily see all the problems and categorize them.
2) Management of Tickets: Automatic monitoring, categorization, prioritization and grouping of common problems quick and easy.
3) History Workflow: establishes multiple queues and processes to manage the flow of incidents and best practices to solve them.
4) Notifications: for your costumer has the visibility of the progress of the problem resolution
27 de October de 2015 in Blog
Pretty much standard in Help and Service desk service, the formal language is used both by analysts that meet internal and external customers. Is to show the professionalism, education or distance it contributes for the seriousness and the objectivity that the service needs to operate.,
For the attendants who act as support of internal customers the language question cause several controversies. The majority know the importance of a appropriate language, using phrases in good English, without slang, jargon and regional terms, but coexist on the company’s day with the team are in an uncomfortable situation. How to meet people with whom you live for the day to day care with standard phrases such as “how can I help you” or “Help Desk appreciates the contact and good morning”?
The importance of formal language is to pace and speed up the service to be objectively understood without personal conversations – that reduce productivity and can extend the conversation for longer than necessary. So, the ideal is to use the formal language with naturalness, using expressions lightweight and personal with caution to avoid that the answer becomes artificial and uncomfortable with people you coexists daily. It has to find the middle ground in the conversation to ensure the professional image of the Help Desk without causing discomfort to the team.
Less strict standards of formality can (and should) be established in attendance, but without forgetting the goals of the Help Desk are to meet with professionalism, agility and efficiency. Besides, this is a service that has costs for the business and needs to show their efficiency and productivity as well as others departments.
08 de October de 2015 in Blog, How to, Productivity
For the professionals of all sectors is important to know what habits will give you what you need to have a day more productive, this state is almost magic that leads us to complete the task in time and without distractions.
Let’s look at some of the most recurrent myths about productivity that can be responsible for the opposite effect.
Separate complex projects into smaller tasks don’t work out.
Program each pending from beginning to end can cause wear, and productive people are more comfortable with the certainty in the short term than with the long-term uncertainty when it comes to managing tasks.
Try to separate the big projects in two or three jobs at once.
Is a matter to get used to, but more realistic approach to complex projects will provide a broader range of ideas, the ability to overcome obstacles and have better point of view from which to make good decisions.
The fact is you don’t know which challenges or opportunities will come across at some point and needs to be flexible enough to handle them.
Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today.
Use a time line for organize your work, doesn’t matter how many you have on your list.
Productive people are always reviewing what they have to do in the next few weeks, because they know it is a marathon that takes time.
Trying to do everything in the same day can be frustrating and you may be disappointed with the result rushed, so it’s important to be realistic about what you can achieve.
Look for your list and try to put the same number of pending issues every day. The key words on this case are: essentiality and priority.
Reprogram again and again until it’s over.
Do you think that reschedule pendency will not prejudice you?
Think again, there is a big emotional cost that comes with reprogramming.
Productive people know how to eliminate things that are not so important to remain focused and not have the worry of having to do something.
Do commit yourself only what you know you can finish and what you can spend your time during the day. It’s not just about finishing things, but about finishing them well.
After all, the productivity is a personal quest.
What works for some may not work as well for others as not all have the same success settings.
About it, pay attention to your habits and ask yourself what works for you.
Perhaps the most important rule is that professionals more productive create their own “truths” on the road.