It’s more than proven that filling up inboxes with spam emails is not the best way to obtain or maintain engagement with the brand / company. But this practice can be very useful each time you need to warn customers about changes in systems or even about its working methods and to help them via email newsletters. In the infographic below you will find a significant number of companies that lose 3% of their customers by sending few emails .
The parts that are in the scope of this service are:
• Educate users on standard operating procedures and best practices for use of the features available in the tool;
• Make the implementation remotely of solutions on servers and client workstations;
• Provide under 24-hour channels of communication with the Service Desk analysis team;
• Provide insight to the client about the progress of the incidents through the tool, which also allows the classification of completed incidents;
• Supporting the client in problem diagnosis and corrective routing solutions, with a full operation view of the tool;
• Provide information on features and mandatory minimum requirements of hardware through standard documents to support any purchases of servers, workstations and peripherals by customers;
• Forward any requests for analysis of product enhancements demanded by customers.
Distribute documents in advance, online or offline, to everyone who will be attending the meeting to analyze the results.
In presenting don’t narrate or read what is written on the slides, the information that is on the screen is complementary to their analysis.
3) Information and Knowledge
Put these various details about the operation of the service desk in a way that the customer understands. Make sure the information makes sense not only because you understand the data, but because you have experienced the problem and the result presented.
Until now IT was used to maintain the standardization of hardware, operating systems and programming languages to reduce the maintenance cost, ease of hiring professionals, greater control over the documentation, methodologies used, ease of implementation processes contingency and business continuity. But the BYOD trend came strong and we need to review several of these concepts, especially because of the lack of standardization.
What we need to note:
– We will need to build a database of everything that sets a particular service and know which device you bought and used. Ex: the newly released versions of users’ devices is Motorola, iPhone, Samsung etcs…
– The support departments need to specify a service catalog.
– The Security Policy of the company must be respected. For this reason, all devices must be registered and submitted to the Compliance Review.
– The Service Desk will need to clarify whether only act on what is owned by the company or whether it will provide unrestricted support for particular devices and why this or that support model was chosen. It is necessary to significantly increase the ability of self-service customers.
Today, the entire industry is following the trend of virtualization, cloud computing and mobility. And the IT help desk is now being called to ease problems and maintain productivity with faster responses than ever. Below are five tips that will expand the role of the help desk and help your business.
1: Quick Solutions
The IT help desk works hard every day to manage and process hundreds of work orders from end users and customers. To reduce the number of calls to the help desk, end users should be provided with a set of common solutions, where they can easily be referenced. A simple problem should not get in the way of variety of other more strategic issues that your help desk has to face, and giving customers access to answers to help solve problems on their own saves everyone’s time.
One of the most essential tasks is keeping PC, laptops and other devices up to date with the latest versions. All upgrades and migrations must be made quickly, without errors and with the data intact from device to device. Thus, productivity levels remain unchanged and requests to the help desk are kept to a minimum. By being prepared with the implementation of new initiatives, such as the migration to a new operating system, the entire IT infrastructure benefits from the upgrades without losing pace.
It may seem obvious, but with technological advances comes risk. To avert a IT disaster , help desk technicians have to have a system that will prevent major damage to infrastructure. All safety devices and maintenance are an essential responsibility of IT. The help desk must track all devices and update security patches.
Not many professionals have the opportunity to be in constant contact with customers. The help desk, however, is in daily contact with the end users that have a lot to say about the service being provided. Feedback is essential to improve customer service and increase productivity. Use this opportunity to ask for feedback through surveys, reports and service tracking. This feedback leads to improvements and success. When users are satisfied with their experience at the help desk, IT walks with higher harmony and fidelity.
The help desk technicians are worker bees of IT, responsible for solving all kinds of problems they encounter. To save time and increase efficiency, the help desk is always looking for ways to increase productivity. More technicians are turning to their tablets and other mobile devices connected to the Internet to use as virtual workspaces, giving them the freedom to access and manage work orders from anywhere and at anytime. The benefits of immediate help desk access increases productivity, and the end user has a shorter waiting time.
Providing support with excellence can differentiate you from the competition. With that in mind, you need to assemble a team of customer support with genuine and essential skills to solve customer problems and also to represent your company on a day-to-day basis in the best way possible. The discovery begins with the person who is being interviewed, to see if they are passionate in helping other people, family, friends and even the dedication they give to their hobbies. Notice how they express themselves when speaking of these matters.
Below are 10 interview questions that can help you discover these new talents:
1) Throughout our selection process, with whom you’ve talked to and what have you talked about? (It shows if the person is attentive and pays attention to details)
2) Tell me about your last job – what did you love about it and what did you not like?
3) Tell me about problems with products or services that you already gave support to.
4) What are you an expert in? (And then ask him to tell you a difficult problem in which he used this skill)
5) How do you react when you do not know the answer to a question?
6) What do you do when the client says that you’re taking too long to solve the problem?
7) The customer pointed out a serious error / problem with the product, what do you do? (With this question you can evaluate the ability to empathize and apologize)
Tell me when you reversed the dissatisfaction of a customer with happiness.
9) What life experiences you’ve had, that are great examples?
10) Have you tested our service and what you know about that?
Now you have a base to find that great customer support professional that your team needs.
Let’s set a nice scenario of how Twitter can help your team help desk:
1) Set up Twitter accounts for all users unsing the company name (@usercompanyname, for example)
2) Get a feed reader for each team.
3) Put all the twitter feeds together with all the readers within the team. This gives your team a consistent view of all the other tweets.
4) Make sure that all readers are set to update often (1 or 2 minutes)
5) Explain to your team that everyone needs to constantly update your Twitter status with their current tasks or actions.
6) Create a set of initials that the team can use to describe what they are doing.
TV = technical visit
LNCH= Lunch, and the estimated time (LNCH 1hr)
OC= On Call
In Customer Service, is not only important to to say thanks to your customers, it’s more important to speak as human being. Albert Mehrabian published two theses in 1967 where he summed up in one equation the whole communication problem in the world.The equation is: 7% -38% -55%.
Communication is made up of three parts:
– The words you use (7%),
– The tone of voice (38%),
– The body language corresponding the words (55%).
A robotic “Thank you” is only 7% of the impact when you connect with your customers. Beyond words, the ability to connect with customers depends on your ability to communicate in a genuine tone and body language.
A well trained customer service professional is one that observes its own tone and body language, and changes it according to what needs to be communicated.
The customer service professionals are the true agents of the company’s marketing. They are able to influence the way customers perceive your company every day. So, enough of robots, customers want to be seen by humans!
Do you want your company to be perceived as a company formed by robots or humans?
The choice is yours.
Customer Service is about serving customers. Serve in a simple, rapid and objective way. It is the responsibility of the company to constantly review their procedures for customer service to keep them simple and objective. Personally speaking, I hate the telephone answering systems. As a customer, is extremely frustrating when I have to navigate through layers and layers of systems to get the company’s help.
Complicated procedures that constantly put customers on hold, lower their standards of customer service. Simple procedures build relationships, complex procedures destroy relationships.
Simple procedures show that you take your customers’ opinions into account, and you have removed all unnecessary procedures for the company to serve customer better.
If the calls you receive from customers are really important to you and your company, prove that you want to serve customers by serving customers directly instead of transferring them to automated systems.
“Your call is very important to us, please wait…” is one of the most ridiculous phrases that exists in the business world.
Do you agree?
Innovation and creativity are essential skills for anyone working in the Help Desk of a company. Besides implementing the basics, and making it up and running, you must innovate and think creatively to serve customers better. Besides that, it is important to encourage the creativity of employees because sooner or later you will need to be flexible to solve customer problems.
Check out five quick ideas to help you think outside the box.
(1) Take time off before and after business hours for strategic thinking.
(2) Select three meetings a week with colleagues from outside work to learn what they are thinking.
(3) Take the leaders of your company out for dinner regularly to hear their ideas and learn about their critical points. And do not forget the “beer list” – ideas for the future that are explored in the bar.
(4) Many Help Desk Managers create Help Desk forums to encourage strategic thinking among Help Desk managers and in some cases, the entire staff of the Help Desk. It is interesting to include the ideas of strategic thinkers and include people with less than two years of experience in these workshops.
(5) Attend forums discussion meetings on Help Desk with great speakers and cultivate relationships with Help Desk Managers who have distinguished themselves by “strategic thinking”.
To wrap things up, remember:
First, adopt practices that fit your personality and your lifestyle. If the thought alone does not work for your outgoing personality, do not fight it.
Second, you can not have all the strategic responses. Recruit an extensive network of insiders and outsiders to provide new insights – and challenge their thinking.
Third, find ways to push yourself outside your comfort zone.