19 de January de 2016 in Blog, Career, Help Desk, Satisfaction
If your company has not yet created strategies for customer loyalty, this is the year to create a relationship strategy and loyalty, so this article will show some awesome tactics that will help your company to make 2016 a year of good business.
It is quite true that the loyalty of customers in the current days is far more complex, due to the large number of options and even greater access to information which is not only limited to products and their costs, but also has to do with creativity at the time to offer them.
But although it is a somewhat laborious process, in the end (metaphorically and literally saying) will be worth; check out some of the benefits of loyalty:
- Desertion rate: decreases the number of dropouts, good profitability.
- Priorities: recognizing unprofitable customers and maintain those that generate good result.
- Reducing advertising costs: the available budget for advertising campaigns can be more specific.
- Recommendations: increase of comments between customers.
- Active Listening: Improvement of products and services by listening to opinions of those who know very well your product/service.
Easy to say. So, how to do it?
- Including after-sales services: from product installation, guarantees, repairs, support and maintenance.
- Anticipate movements: active monitoring of customers to predict their demands.
- Alternative Ways: count on a Plan B to act in case the original plan does not work as supposed.
- To Query: contact with your customers a few days after having used the service or purchased a product to ask about their compliance if there were any problems, suggestions for improvement.
- Create Incentives: discounts and promotions for example.
- Close relationship of trust with your customers: by using social networking, website brand, blogs, email marketing (non-invasive), mobile applications. Become present and facilitate contact.
Mention a few. The best option to improve customer service is to build its own strategy, which is a combination of the above tips to achieve customer loyalty.
Optimization of customer support
- Custom Satisfaction: achieving the demands of each customer without losing the quality of service. The argument in every interaction refers to act according to what is heard first.
- Remove prejudices: treat customers with respect and commitment that each requires, without a prior opinion formed with prejudices formed by old interactions, however the customer has expressed distaste for the product or service, comments on social media or experiences from other sectors. Restart your relationship, without judgment and do your best.
- Create a customer’s own space: do not push, do not disturb, give freedom to the customer. The communication reaches levels of satisfaction when there isn’t continuous pressure on the customer.
- Adapt to de demands: adjust its services according to customer needs and style can be a big trend. Change the service style, recognizing that sometimes they ask for more formality and sometimes less formality, but without losing the professionalism and respect
- Take a good first impression: in the customer’s first contact with your company any success that occurs in this first interaction will be decisive to the formation of an image of your company.
- Let your customer know more about your company: the more information about your business, the better. Be transparent and accessible.
- Offer a great experience: with tools like Milldesk (which allow to know the response times, customer feedback and many other very important metrics) have the total control of your service / customer support and give all the mechanisms for its clients solve any incident.
Actions that must be avoided when building an assistance strategy:
- Blame and underestimate the customer: believing that customers are always wrong is a synonym of almost immediate loss.
- Promising benefits without measuring consequences: making promises that cannot accomplish creates a negative perception of your company.
- Not train your team or leave this background activity: trained team, updated with the best practices it is an investment and not cost. In the end you will see that it is worth.
We hope you achieve great results, and always count on Milldesk! 😉
11 de December de 2015 in Help Desk, How to, ITIL, Productivity, Satisfaction, Software
Managing a call center requires skill and a good knowledge of the area metrics. But after all, which even are the key performance indicators (KPIs) that any manager must know, even?
In a quick list, we can say that these are six basic indicators (at the least).
And we’re not talking about complex metrics, but simple actions you can take to make sure you have a real-time view of the success of your team:
Know your customer satisfaction score: For each customer satisfaction score, there is always a key indicator of performance. Create a list of information per company, manager or process to obtain the most accurate picture of your customer satisfaction, noting the areas that are in need of improvement.
Think about your level of service: Next, you need to clearly define your ideal level of service. From this baseline, you can question any shift in customer satisfaction.
Note the problems of yesterday to spot trends: The key performance indicators here are dropout rates, average waiting times and adherence. By looking at your past issues you can see if there are trends in changes in the types of calls you are getting and how its agents are dealing with them.
Using these data can also allow you to make sure that the team is properly closing the incidents. If on the other hand changes occur in the types of the tickets, this data can help you focus on these areas and reprioritize.
Review the session support to better understand your customer’s needs: To analyze the patterns of records issued the day before, you will have to observe the changes in the types of incoming tickets and how well agents are operating these tickets.
To hear the first calls of the day you will have a few tips, say, fresh on customer needs. What are the most common problems and what is the approach of the agents?
Follow the team: Another tip is to track your team this will give you a moral sense of team and the qualitative state support.
Any comments and techniques that make your team the most successful members are the key performance indicators.
Know where your team has quality and where you can improve: Finally, your overall assessment should identify the level at which the team is successful or needs improvement.
In this case, the key performance indicator is a quality score of two parts, divided between the business impact and the impact on the customer.
Like all businesses operate in different ways, it is important that as service manager / help desk you set your KPI according to specific strengths and weaknesses, track your performance and set realistic benchmarks for the future.
To ensure that you understand what these metrics really mean and how they impact your center means that you are on track to achieve this goal.
08 de December de 2015 in Career, How to, Productivity, Satisfaction
The team concept originates from sports, however, the corporate world knew incorporate very well this concept in the mid-twentieth century, when different authors star to recognize the importance of teams in organizations, focusing on companies and particularly in projects.
So, in the current days we hear so much about Team Building, Team Work, and Team Leadership.
Teamwork is not just a sum of individual activities, but there is a collective energy that produces a different effect to the simple addition of tasks.
For those who lead teams and not only wishing to build teams, but mainly learn to obtain the full potential of the synergy between all its members, here are 10 keys that will be fundamental to achieve this purpose.
That isn’t just for Help Desk teams or IT projects, but for any other area where teamwork is vital…
- Formation of teams with a purpose and a task. For a team to be made there must be a purpose, a task. The common goal is the league. Sense of purpose is all!
- Scope of the purposes in a specified period. Teams have a specific time to do their work. And these time limits may be set by a higher level of organization, the team itself, by the driver or by a process of negotiation between the many stakeholders in the organization.
- Individual specialization and specialization of the team. While members have knowledge and skills in one or more specific subjects, they should also be prepared to exchange functions.
- The selection of team members. Organizations select their members focused on individual skills psychological conditions, etc.
- Evaluation by process. Evaluation by results. Some teams are measured only by results. Other also measure the shape and case in which the task was accomplished
- Team style. Each team has a style that characterizes and is formed by internal agreements, for resources, for personal style, knowledge and previous experience of the members and the team leader, for his stories, etc.
- Quality standards. Teams are required to meet quality standards. For example: an orchestra can’t tune.
- Reliability. It develops over time. In ephemeral teams confidence is often implicit in the professionalism of its members.
- The oath of the team. The agreements score the team’s limits, generate cohesion.
- Ethics, motivation and training. The satisfaction of certain ethical principles – of which the continuous training and competition are not excluded- is a motivator for team members.
And to you which factors unite and improve the performance of a team? Share with us!
10 de November de 2015 in Blog, Satisfaction
Your best customer is the one who is always their weak points and its flaws and still trust you to solve his problems.
The importance of this kind of feedback is bigger than satisfaction survey that generally provides valuable information, but not the ones you need – the least satisfied and more disappointed. These people won’t have time to fill out a form or sit still for a survey to help you fix your business. They changed.
In order to find out where they moved, and so it is probably that you have to recall some data about yourself. Start with these steps:
Identify: Found your most disenchanted customers is usually not that difficult, just ask your support team. They know who they are and can even describe them (off the record) as “distressed” or “crazy”.
Contact: To get in touch with them remember that these angry customers did not start that way. In the past each one decided in a positive way to buy your product or service, they believed in your company and in the offer. Only later they found out a problem.
Act: Fail with your customer almost always falls into one of three categories: The product was actually defective, the documentation was wrong, or the customer’s expectations have not been properly managed.
Most of the service departments really only know how to deal with the first two. Unfortunately, if the customer with whom you fail probably be in the third category what you can do is identify where its marketing or sales presentation is failing, your client may be among the closest that may help you fix problems and avoid similar situations in the future.
18 de February de 2014 in Blog, How to, ITIL, Productivity, Satisfaction
Knowledge base is where you store all relevant information about your work done in your company, so you can access it later. But how to create an effective knowledge base in your company?
First, to build your knowledge base you need to keep in mind your goal, because the term is too wide and everything eventually may become a knowledge base. For example, if the average time for solving problems in your Help Desk is high, you need a base to streamline this process. That needs to be started for each incident. In this case, a set of records of incidents can be the foundation of knowledge you need , with known errors and technical workarounds that can be found easily. On the other hand, a database where are stored all manuals and operating procedures of a particular technical support is also a knowledge base.
But the question is: how to make this efficient knowledge base ? How to relate all this information to quickly find the answers I seek? To have a base of knowledge organized and effective, you need planning and control. One way to optimize your base is the indexing of the content that needs to be registered on the basis of criteria to facilitate your search, such as the due date for questions and model registration ( title , problem , cause and solution ). Hold people responsible for base and to measure their use to achieve constantly make improvements.
Owning a knowledge base will help you establish a pattern of response to the calls , increase the solution at the first level, the possibility of direct technical support Level 2 for more complex jobs that generate more value for the business , plus shorten troubleshooting and enable service 24 × 7.
01 de March de 2013 in Blog, Satisfaction
Most people think of online shopping as a way to cut costs. But rarely consider the costs that shopping online adds to their operation. The physical distance between buyer and seller adds risk to the client’s brand. If you are part of an enterprise ecommerce, online shoppers are facing an additional charge in all phases of the buying process, and your customer support should be there to ease your workload research in each step.
What to expect from online shoppers support?
19 de December de 2012 in Blog, Productivity, Satisfaction
It is tempting to think of customer service as reactive: something that is dormant until a customer takes the initiative to ask for help for your purchase. But some customers need support before making a purchase. Furthermore, not all customers are proactive, many will simply open another store in a new tab to find the information they seek, rather than risk a long wait on hold or an e-mail support useless. The customer support should give a great deal of basic research that will result in online shopping, offering a shorter path to relevant information, improved self-care, the closing of the purchase and contacts to deliver accurate.
Not taking measurements and indicators not only postpones problems, but gives us a false sense of what is happening. We have four reasons to monitor and measure what is done in the corporate world. They are: Validate Justify, Target and Intervene. This is one of the guidelines that are part of the library of best practices called ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library). This process helps measure the very process of defining goals and objectives, being operational, tactical or strategic.
Measuring what? For example, an indicator of the financial situation of the subareas of IT or the IT field as a whole, indicator of the status of employee satisfaction with the company, the atmosphere in the workplace, etc..
Defining what? The frequency measurement indicator, setting targets to improve the indicator, the time to validate the indicator to allow time to make a preventive intervention, the process of verifying the effectiveness of the indicators, the definition of other sources of comparison that will be used.
Have a list of services that are provided, even including services that are not normally in an informal list. As is the case of services for solving questions of users concerning the use of systems or infrastructure, etc… It is therefore very important to have documented the complete service catalog provided by the IT. This brings a vision that helps a lot in the management of the area as a whole, and the service catalog is the list of important documents in the certification process.
Having the list, choose what priority or start by what is easiest to measure because having a low cost and not wasting effort, already helps to show that the information will help more than hinder. Do not worry at first with the tool but with what to measure and how to measure. After validating whether you need a tool, or first make a simple follow ups on a worksheet in Excel, no longer gives a better sense of what really needs to be automated and prioritized to be accompanied.
Some indicators that are widely used such as: satisfaction regarding attendance, number of types of service performed, number of visits made outside the time limit set, the amount of incidents that are pending from one week to another or from a month to another, more common types of incidents, amount of change in output per week amount of incidents generated by these changes, etc. Or budgeted vs. actual value of IT expenses, amount of resources x amount of calls, amounts of deliveries in the month, the average cost of projects, indicator of assertiveness term projects, amount of changes in scope of projects, etc..
Source: IT Experts
19 de November de 2012 in Blog, Satisfaction
The internet has fundamentally changed customer service. Failure to provide customer service can have a huge impact on the reputation of your business. Besides that, online communities and cloud technology have made changes in how customer service works. These changes can really help your business more effectively enchant every customer, every time.
Customer service has become digital
Normally, the service has been customer service via toll-free services. Today, more and more customers are using alternative service channels. They contact you through your website, or you can leave a comment on Facebook or blog. They can search Google to find other people who have experienced a problem and found a solution. Monitoring these channels using cloud technology is essential if you want to control the customer experience and provide great service.
Cloud-Based Services Options
‘Cloud computing’ has become the new buzzword in business. Essentially, this means that their needs for computer data are stored off-site and accessed by employees through gateway software you have installed in your office. This kind of computing power service puts incredible possibilities of customers to reach. Instead of having to install expensive servers and maintain their own technical support, you can have experts do it for you, and pay only for the storage and access you need.
Treat each customer every time
If you are going to provide a quality service to the customer, a customer support system based in the cloud is essential. No need for separate departments for Internet service and phone service. With the technology in the cloud each agent can be empowered to deal with multiple channels. A great staff and excellent training can make your company known as a company that responds to all concerns with courtesy, knowledge, speed. You’ll never miss a question or complaint. Your customers will know that their concerns will be resolved quickly and professionally, no matter what channel they use.
09 de November de 2012 in Blog, Satisfaction
06 de November de 2012 in Blog, Satisfaction
See the infographic below, because the clients reign!